Our Board of Trustees and Building for the Future team developed an Energy Sustainability and Green Building Framework for our new building, and the congregation voted to approve the plan on November 6, 2016. Full details here.
Here are the highlights:
- 85% recycle; 15% expansion
- lighting, orientation, materials, restrained approach
- Recycling and reuse of demolition materials / avoid landfill
- Windows, insulation, materials, methods
- Material choices vetted for sustainability
- Renewable fuel sources (Solar, Geothermal) replacing fossil fuel