The heart of our Faith Formation and Religious Education programs are our amazing teachers and volunteers who accompany and aid our children and youth in so many ways. Many teachers and volunteers are parents, and we’re fortunate to have a lot of adults volunteers who do not have children in the program. Volunteering enriches your connection and enhances your faith journey. Here are some of the opportunities:
- Teacher Team Member: Join a team of four teachers and co-lead a class two Sundays a month guided by curriculum and lesson plans. We have teams ranging from Preschool to 7th grade. (9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- Workshop Team Member: Join our team of Workshop Leaders the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month to help our K-5th graders take a story deeper or do some hands-on Social Justice projects to help a great cause.
- Youth Advisor: Be a Coming of Age (8th grade) adviser or be a part of YRUU (9th-12th grades.) We have some amazing youth! Plan on being in the classroom three times a month and available for day trips as well as a few sleep-over events (11 a.m.)
- Nursery Friend: Watchin over our youngest children. At least two volunteers are present at all times. (9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- Story Teller: Share your wonderful story telling skills in the Sanctuary on the first Sunday of the month. It’s a wonderful way to teach children and adults (9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- FFRE Welcome Desk Greeter: Come a little early and staff the desk in Friendship Hall to assist newcomers, help children/youth find their nametags and classrooms, and ensure our attendance sheets are correct (9:15 a.m. and 11 a.m.)
- Special Events: Help with special events such as the Fall Festival, Holiday Party, YRUU youth events, and more.
- Bulletin Board Helper: Create and maintain wonderful displays. Come in when you can and apply your artistic flair!
Contact our staff or stop by the FFRE Welcome Desk in Friendship Hall on Sunday morning to learn more.