*All of our classrooms are nut free*
Nursery (6 months to 3 years old)
In the nursery our priority is to ensure that infants and toddlers feel safe and secure. Trained and loving staff and volunteer caregivers ensure consistent and quality care. We have a variety of toys and books for the ages served, and secure outdoor play space that is designed for young ones to explore safely.
The nursery opens at 9:00 on Sunday mornings – and 15 minutes before services and classes/events with childcare provided. Please pick up your child(ren) promptly following programming or services, as childcare ends 15 minutes after services/events.
When You Arrive
- Sign your child(ren) in for that day, including your name (and the name of anyone authorized to pick your child up, including a partner/spouse), and a cell number where you can be reached (keep that cell phone where you can feel it vibrate).
- Make sure that your child has a name tag and that all of your belongings are labeled.
- Speak with the caregivers about any allergies or dietary needs.
- Parents are welcome to stay for a few minutes to help their child(ren) settle in.
- A parent or guardian must be in the building at all times.
If you have any questions about this program, please contact Yvonne Wilken, our Director of Faith Formation and Religious Education, at email@example.com.
Preschool (4-5 years old)
We offer activities based on a UUA curriculum, “Soul Matters.” This is related to the curriculum used in our K-3 classes as well as the themes used in Sunday services. The preschool classroom is located in the lower level and has furniture, toys, books, and materials designed for young children. Parents of preschool aged children are asked to bring them to the classroom before the service begins to sign them in and should sign them out from their classroom after the service ends.
If you are not sure whether your child will be most comfortable and happy in the nursery or joining the preschool class, please talk to Yvonne Wilken, our Director of Faith Formation and Religious Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org.